10 Email Newsletter Content Topics You Can Use Now
Creating and sending content on a regular basis forms the foundation of every great email marketing strategy but as anyone who has tried to implement an ongoing e-newsletter campaign will know, your subscriber list can very quickly start to feel like a ravenous beast that you have to keep feeding with new content.
Thinking of email newsletter topics can be time consuming and lack of inspiration is one of the reasons why many businesses avoid starting an e-newsletter or struggle to maintain a regular sending pattern. When consistency is key (as in the case of your email marketing), having a few topic ideas up your sleeve can help smooth the path to better engagement, regular content and higher open and click through rates.
When planning your e-newsletter content, it’s a good idea to vary up the format, from industry news and updates to general advice, case studies and personal stories. This helps keep your newsletters interesting and engaging.
While you need to decide for yourself what’s going to be most appealing for your audience, if you are struggling to think of topics for your email newsletter, we’ve put together 10 content ideas that might help.
- Success stories from customers or clients who have used your products or services. Stories are a great way to engage your audience and they can be a very powerful marketing technique. Always check that your customer or client is happy for you to feature their story before you go ahead.
- Employee profile. Introducing your subscribers to your employees helps create a connection and humanise your business for them.
- Online course or training materials. A downloadable guide or checklist can be a great resource and help position you as a valuable authority to your subscribers.
- A roundup of your latest or most popular blog posts. Include excerpts of five or so posts from your blog with a link through to the content.
- An interview with an industry leader, your company CEO or other interesting celebrity or personality. This can be a great way to leverage a familiar name and hook in your subscribers.
- A poll or survey. Not only are polls and questionnaires interactive and fun, they can be a fantastic source of feedback for you.
- Giveaway or a contest. This can be a wonderful way to boost engagement and reward your subscribers for their loyalty.
- Coupons and special offers. If you want to help encourage your subscribers to become repeat customers, sending regular offers and discount coupons via email can be a great way to do this.
- An update on industry news and developments. If something is happening in your industry, chances are your subscribers want to know about it. Be the person to tell them and they will start to think of you as a reliable source of information.
- Q & A for common client questions. If you’re getting asked the same questions over again by your customers, why not create an FAQ email and answer them all at once?
Great newsletter content will engage your subscribers, boost your relationship with them and encourage them to click through to your website. Sending great newsletter content on a regular basis also helps build trust and consistency with your recipients. This is a vitally important part of stabilising and expanding your subscriber base as you grow your business through the power of email marketing.