15 Innovative Ways to Grow Your Subscriber List
When it comes to email marketing, building a thriving subscriber list is the key to success. Many email marketers operate under the belief that the more people who are on your subscriber list, the more people are going to see your emails and be exposed to your brand time and time again and while this is true, quality is just as important as quantity if you want to see genuine results from your email marketing strategy.
There are plenty of things you can do to grow your subscriber list and if you haven’t considered implementing a subscriber list strategy this year, now would be a good time to think about it.
In case you’re stuck for ideas, here are 15 unusual ways to grow your email subscriber list.
- Use an opt in box on your website to capture the email addresses of visitors to your site or your blog.
- Create an incentive to encourage readers to sign up. This could be an e-book, a checklist, a free evaluation or anything else that might be useful to them and encourage them to hand over their email list.
- Try running a contest. Offer people the opportunity to win a prize in exchange for subscribing to your email address.
- Add a QR code to your print marketing materials which people can scan to subscribe to your mailing list.
- Use Google Adwords to create an ad which sends people to a landing page to sign up for your email list.
- Use social media platforms like Twitter to promote your contest or your incentive for signing up.
- Leverage your offline interactions with people to ask them if they want to sign up to your mailing list. This can include customers and visitors to your retail store, and people you meet at networking events and conferences.
- Team up with another business that shares the same target audience as you and promote your e-book or contest to their mailing list.
- When you guest post to another blog always include a link to your email subscription landing page in your bio.
- Host a webinar. Most of the main webinar tools capture attendees’ email addresses automatically. All you have to do is make sure they consent to receiving your emails and as long as your webinar has been valuable to them, chances are they will.
- Create a drip sequence which you can then promote. This can be a how to guide, a short course or anything else that you can deliver in steps, over a series of emails.
- Use a pop-up box to capture more subscribers from your website. Although many people say they don’t like them, pop-up boxes are proven to work when it comes to increasing your subscribers.
- Encourage your subscribers to share your content with their friends.
- Offer customers the opportunity to have receipts emailed to them and include a link to your signup page in the receipt email.
- Include a link to your signup form in your email signature.
- Whatever strategies you use to get more subscribers to your emails, it’s essential that you make sure you comply with spam legislation and always use a double opt-in process.