5 Tips for Using Your Email List To Boost Your Business Revenue Quickly
What is the key to boosting your business revenue? If you’re looking for a quick, low cost way to increase your profits and grow your business look no further than your email list. Spending time building a strong email list and nurturing the people on it can give your business a boost in a number of different ways. Email marketing has been shown time and time again to have the biggest return on investment (ROI) of any form of marketing.
When you’re building an email list to make a profit (as opposed to increasing your business exposure or for other reasons) there are a few things you will need to keep in mind. Here are five tips to help you build your email list and leverage it so you can increase your business revenue as quickly and effectively as possible.
1. Get the right people on your list. If you are going to generate a profit from your business, you need to have the right people on your email list. This means your recipients need to be the kind of people who are interested in your business and who will want to buy your products or services. If you have the wrong people on your list your email marketing efforts are going to be wasted.
2. Maintain your list. A well maintained list is the key to getting great results from your email marketing. If you keep an eye on your metrics you may see that there are people who aren’t opening your emails on a regular basis. It’s a good idea to trim off the people who aren’t really interested on a regular basis.
Although it may seem counterproductive to take people off your email list, keeping it to the people who are actively engaged with your business will keep your open rates higher and reduce the chances that you will receive spam complaints from people who aren’t so keen on receiving your emails.
3. Email your list regularly. While building a list is essential, if you don’t regularly email your subscribers it’s not going to do anything for you. When you’re trying to build your revenue through your email list, you need to be in regular contact with the people on it. Where possible, try to plan ahead and schedule your emails to go out at regular intervals so that you stay consistent.
4. Test, test and test again. Finding the perfect subject line, or working out the best time to send your emails or calls to action probably won’t happen first time. If you’re serious about getting optimum results from your email marketing, you will need to regularly test and refine your emails to see what is getting you the best open rates, click through and most importantly, conversion rates.
5. Make the most of your transactional emails. Transactional emails including purchase confirmation, shipment notifications and other information have the highest open rates of any emails. If you’re looking to increase your revenue you can make use of these emails by including discount coupons or other marketing messages on them to encourage further purchases.
If you want to boost your revenue quickly, utilizing your email list is one of the most effective ways to do it. Give these tips a try and you might be surprised at the results!