7 Content Types That Can Boost Your Email Marketing ROI
Successful email marketing requires a great strategy. While you might think it’s enough to send a monthly email newsletter, if you want to get great results you will need to think about mixing it up a bit more.
Different types of email content can appeal to different people so varying the format and email content you send gives you the chance to reach everyone.
1. Sales nurturing content. Most leads take time and effort before they will commit to buying from you. If you can create content for the purposes of keeping them engaged you can gently guide them down the path to becoming paying customers.
2. Educational content. Providing information that’s of use to your subscribers is a great way to prove your expertise and build positive relationships with them. Educational content is often shareable which means that you might build even more leads as a result.
3. Invitational content. If you’re exhibiting at a trade show, speaking at a conference or even hosting an online event like a webinar you can use your email list to invite people to attend and build relationships that way.
4. Offers and promotional emails. Sending exclusive email offers and discounts is a fantastic way to encourage your subscribers to take the step to becoming customers, or to thank your customers for their business and encourage them to buy from you again.
5. Transactional content. Whenever your customers order something from you or sign up for a trial or free account with your site, you have the opportunity to market to them. Transactional emails have some of the highest open rates of any emails and they are a great chance to slip in a quick marketing message.
6. Dynamic emails. Dynamic content emails are tailored to each individual subscriber and use information from their previous purchasing history to send recommendations and information about products they might be interested in.
7. Special occasion emails. Birthday and anniversary emails are a great way to make your subscribers feel special. If you want to stand out in the eyes of your customers why not send them a special offer on their birthday, or a special anniversary present a year after they first purchased from you?
The right type of email content can give your email marketing return on investment a big boost and help you grow your business faster.
While you might not know now what content works best for your audience, if you try a few different types you will soon be able to see what gets the best results.