Email marketing for Mother’s Day? 5 Ways to get higher open rates
Mothers’ Day is a time when we celebrate motherhood and show our appreciation of the mothers in our lives. For families around the world it’s a wonderful chance to get together and spoil their mothers and partners.
For many businesses, the celebration of motherhood can be a great opportunity to boost sales and increase engagement so why not make the most of it?
Email is a great way to reach out to your customers at this time of year, and with the right approach you can boost your open rates and get noticed by more people than ever before.
Here are five quick and easy ways to improve your open rates for your seasonal Mothers’ Day email marketing campaigns.
1. Target different segments of your audience. Based on your knowledge of your audience, you can send separate campaigns to the mums, dads, young and older subscribers on your list. This lets you create messages that are more likely to be relevant to your subscribers and get their attention.
2. Use a sense of urgency. This will encourage people to open your email and take action sooner rather than later. Counting down the time until the big day is a good way to do this. You could also try creating a limited time discount or offer.
3. Send earlier rather than later. While urgency is a good thing, research has shown that the best time to send Mothers’ Day email is actually two weeks before the day itself. Open rates tend to decline in the final week, probably because most people have already done their shopping by then, or because they are saturated with last minute emails and too overwhelmed to read them.
4. Create an amazing offer and mention it in the subject line. A great subject line is proven to be one of the best ways to get your marketing emails opened. During a high volume time of year like Mothers’ Day, you want to do everything you can to get the edge over your competition. Whatever your offer is, make it clear upfront and your subscribers will have a bigger incentive to read your emails.
5. Consider sending an email after the event. Sending post Mothers’ Day emails have been shown to actually get results but giving you the opportunity to target people looking for a bargain or who might have missed out on getting the right gift in time for the big day.
If you haven’t started already, now is the time to start thinking and planning your Mothers’ Day email marketing campaign.
By targeting the right people with relevant offers and content, creating great offers and a sense of urgency you can make the most of this big sales opportunity and make it easy for your subscribers to spoil their mothers, wives, sisters and girlfriends.