Five Easy Ways to Integrate Your Email and Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is big business these days and no matter what size your organisation, chances are you are engaging at some level on social media as well as trying to run an email marketing campaign. In spite of the many tools available for easy integration across platforms, a surprising number of marketers still see email marketing and social media marketing as two distinct activities which should be kept separate at all costs.
As the English poet John Donne said, no man is an island and the same mindset can (and should) be applied to your marketing campaigns.
Integrating your social media and your email marketing has benefits on every level and it is probably easier than you think. Here are five ways you can streamline your marketing so that your email and social media campaigns work together and help each other instead of competing for attention.
- Include social sharing buttons in your emails. Adding Facebook and Twitter sharing icons to your emails encourages readers to share your content with their friends and followers, giving you an instant boost in exposure.
- Place an email opt-in form on your Facebook page. This can be a quick and straightforward way to help grow your subscriber list. As you grow your social media presence, your list will also expand with no extra effort on your part.
- Send an email to your subscribers announcing your new Twitter page, or promoting your Facebook group. A few sentences announcing the benefits of following you and a call to action button will probably be all you need and you could end up with whole host of new followers and fans.
- Use social media to reinforce what you’ve said to people in your emails. If you make a big announcement in an email, or shared a piece of research or industry development why not continue the conversation through social media and allow people to discuss and share their thoughts? This helps build engagement and a feeling of community among your users and can increase your followers as well as your subscribers.
- Offer new subscribers the opportunity to follow you on social media when you send them their confirmation email. Even if they unsubscribe from your emails in the future, they may still follow you on social media, giving you the chance to continue to reach them and hopefully convert them into customers.
As well as integrating your social media and email marketing so they support each other, you can also gain valuable information from social media data to help you learn more about your audience and what they’re interested in. This knowledge can help you target your email campaigns and vastly improve your results.
Combining your mail and social media marketing can help you market more effectively on both platforms and bring you more followers and subscribers. It’s very straightforward to put a few simple strategies into place and start seeing results so why not give it a try?