“In today’s information age of Marketing and Web 2.0, a company’s website is the key to their entire business.” Marcus Sheridan, Author of The Sales Lion Blog, Marketing Speaker
- It is a great way to promote your business and build relationships with sending email announcement of your business opening to the potential customers. Look at your address book and consider whom you are sending the website opening announcement emails.
- If you do not know the recipient personally or you have a formal relationship with the recipient, you need to use “Dear” followed by the last name of the recipient.
- You need to give your potential customers some a brief description of your business and your new website. Tell them what kind of services or products you plan to offer.
- Drive customers to your business website with a prominent link and if your business is on the social networks such as Facebook, Youtube, Linkedln, Twitter etc. include them in the email.
- Give them the specific date and time of your business opening.
- Include the address of your business, the contact number and the email address that they can use whenever they have questions or problems about your business.
- Include discounted services or products, or free give away samples of your products as an additional motivation to your potential customers.
- You can also publish the announcement letter to a press to reach more customers.
- The letter has to be short and point that the reader can read and understand what your service or product is all about.
- You can use the words like best regards, yours sincerely, yours truly, etc. for closing the letter followed by your full name and your position.
- Most importantly only send email campaigns to email adresses who have subscribed to your mail list and confirmed.
So, I’d like to turn this topic over to you. Share your experience and give us more tips about sending website announcement emails in the comments.